Friday, March 27, 2009

Surprise!

At 1:00 pm, she crept into the house (as quiet as a mouse), grabbed a newspaper, and jumped onto the couch. As the woman of the house came into the front door carrying her granddaughter, she didn't even notice the stranger on the couch. She was focused on baking bread, but her daughter kept pushing her into the living room. At last, she looked up and let out a squeal of delight! There on the couch was . . . .

A bit later, the man of the house came in and wondered who the person behind the newspaper was. Finally, she peaked over the edge of the newspaper, and the look on his face was priceless! He was totally unable to conceal his shock at the sight of the stranger!

Then all of them (including the 5 that picked the girl up at the airport) ran up to another house. A few of them went in the front door and started talking to the grandmother who lived there. The rest ran in the backdoor and the girl ran and placed her hands over the grandmother's eyes. She had no idea who the cold hands belonged to. At last she laid eyes on the face of the stranger, who, come to find out, she had just been praying for. She shed a few tears!

The Stranger??

Yay, it was ME, of course!

It was great fun surprising my parents and Nana. Fawna and Jeff (and Sierra and Savana) picked me up at the airport and helped me plan the whole surprise. (Beaver and Becca also helped me coordinate all of this from Thailand.) I went up to Southern on Monday to surprise Shama. I was worried that she might find out, but nope, she was totally surprised!

I know I haven't posted in a while, that was all part of the surprise. I couldn't talk to my family on the phone or e-mail, because I was afraid they would find out.

The last few weeks in Thailand, we went to some more villages up north, one of my friend's village a few hours from Bangkok, and then down to South Thailand. It's good to be home, even though I miss some things from Thailand. I had a great year serving there, many learning experiences and hard times, but growing times, too. Praise the Lord for my time in Thailand!

5 comments:

Kelsey said...

What fun!

shama said...

you shocked the socks off of me! :) Glad you're home.

Ali said...

Must have been fun surprising your family! Good to see you last weekend.

Brian said...

So, you're back, Good to hear. How does it feel. I'm looking forward to when I'll be back to, but I'm enjoying it here to. Can't wait to hear some of your stories!

Melody said...

So Pheeeeebs!!! Time for some updates. What's happening now.... I saw you briefly at GYC, but didn't get to talk!