Friday, July 4, 2008

This was while I was on the plane on my way to Thailand. I was a little bored, but still had fun. I met some really nice people, like a Christian Missionary couple from Chiang Mai. They were a real blessing to me. They encouraged me in the work I was doing.

Some delicious Thai food. This was the best meal that I have had since I have been here. It was like a feast! It reminded me of my Korean Ramen that I would eat at Oklahoma Academy! Such good memories!! During one of the classes that we have had. They were teaching us chair massages at this time. It was a great review!!
This is me and my friend Bubbow. We went walking one morning (during the exercise time at 7:00 am). It is an Adventist school (grades 1-12) that she went to for 6 years. It was a very beautiful place. Bub-bow bought me a little note-book and a soy-milk. It was delicious! Such sweet people!
I will post more pictures later. I will have to let you see what the bathrooms are like and the "grocery stores". I hope that you all have a great week! It is quite exciting because I just found out that we will be doing 1/2 hour at church tomorrow. Fun stuff. :D

4 comments:

Kelsey said...

Thanks for sharing your pictures! I'm praying for you!

Ashley said...

Wow Phoebes, lots of new experiences! Sounds like you are having a great time. I love how you always have a positive attitude. :) Thanks for commenting. :) I miss you too girl! Glad thing are going well. You are in my prayers too. Love ya!

MissionSK said...

Hey Girl,
Thanx for your comment... if you would visit me before they all are gone, I would surely give you on e jar! I used the Fisher recipe! :) We are in Flagstaff right now.. on the way to Cali. I drove some... so am pretty tired. Packed till midnight last night, and then had to get up early like 4:45 or so. We are going to Grandcanyon tomorrow. Then to Lomalinda and then.... the wonderfull adventures till the wedding and our plan is on the way home to stop by the White Sands in NM. That should be nice. What a vacation! I am loving it. Pray for our safety though, you never know when the enemy might strike. Love you lots and take care. I can understand the feelings of homesickness and sympathise with you... been there. But you can do it. Remember, when we are weakest and most lonely is where God really becomes our shelter and we value his presence and friendship/relationship the most.:) Love you and am praying for you!

Emily said...

Keep updating, and keep adding pictures! miss you,
em