Monday, October 13, 2008

For We Wrestle Not . . . .

This past week we were at a beautiful Hmong village up in the mountains! Emily and I overlooking the breathtaking valley.


We were able to do some visitations. The most common diseases we saw were high blood pressure and gout. We were able to help them with natural remedies and a lot of education on drinking water, etc.


We had the fun privilege of passing out literature with a bunch of little children.


We conducted health seminars and Bible lessons in the evening as well. Our whole group is split up into two groups. My group is: Emily, Rob, Ricky, Melissa, Jen, Mew, and I. It is sad to not be with the rest of the group. We did get to see them a couple times this week! That was great fun. It is interesting with the scheduling here, or lack thereof. We usually don't know what is happening until the day before, or more like the day of, as mentioned before. I pray that God will help me to be flexible, but that we will be organized in a flexible type of way so that we can get things accomplished. That was a bit challenging for at this village. We were planning on staying there another week, until Sabbath morning, we found out we were leaving the next day.

So, here we are back at the "ranch" (the name recently given to our center in Chiang Mai). We arrived last night and are leaving again today. We were planning on going to a village way up in the mountains that just got electricity in the last year! Today, plans have changed again. We will be going to the place where the other part of our group is at. There are some things happening there that really need prayer! They have been dealing with some spiritualism things. A devil-possessed man, a monk trying to convince them all to come to a temple for a massage lesson (with much chanting, etc. involved), and when they were praying last night until 11:00, one of the girls heard moaning, crying, dogs howling, etc. until they stopped praying. Whenever the prayer would stop, the noise would stop, too. There are also some other things going on. Satan is working very hard at that village! Please keep us in your prayers as we head there to work for the Lord! I pray that our faith will be strengthened and most importantly, that God's name will be honored!

Ephesians 6:12-13: For we wrestle not against flesh and blood, but against principalities, against powers, against the rulers of the darkness of this world, against spiritual wickedness in high places. Wherefore take unto you the whole armour of God, that ye may be able to withstand in the evil day, and having done all, to stand.

2 comments:

Chopsticks on Oboe said...

Wow Phoebe! What a story! I'll certainly be praying for you! I hope that you are doing well! I miss you! It's good to see a picture of Emily too! Say hi to her from me! Love you lots!
Martina

shama said...

I miss you Phoebes! I love the pics and update. You are in my prayers all the time. I'm so sorry I missed your call the other day--I was sorely displeased... :( Love you bushels.