Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Here I am, Lord!

As I sit on my bed praying, I consider what had happened that day (read previous blog). I proceeded to open up my Bible and read Micah 2:10 "Arise ye, and depart;...". I started "arguing" with the word that the Lord gave me. Is that really what You would have me do, Lord? Maybe I should just stay here in the States longer. This would take me out of my comfort zone into the unknown, alone! I will go if you want me to, not alone, because YOU will be with me. With that, I went to sleep. "Circumstances may separate us from every earthly friend; but no circumstance, no distance, can separate us from the Heavenly Comforter." Desire of Ages 669-670

My Thailand adventures will begin this month (June). During the planning exciting things came up, but then fell through. There were many changes, but finally, the date was set for me to leave from Spokane, Washington on June 29 at 6:30 (ish) pm.

"The name of the Lord is a strong tower: the righteous runneth into it and are safe" (Proverbs 18:10). Satan trembles and flees before the weakest soul who finds refuge in that mighty name. Desire of Ages 131

Friends, prayer is immensely important and powerful! I have come to realize that more in my own life this summer. We can make the best plans ever, but if it is not in the Lord's plan, it will not happen. He wants us to move over and let Him take the wheel as we travel down the roadway of life. "Here I am Lord, send me."

3 comments:

Kristin said...

Those quotes are really encouraging, and I'm glad that everything is all set for you to go :)
Within the past year, I have also been realizing the immense power of prayer. It's really neat to see God working as a result of your commitment and prayers.

"What other nation is so great as to have their gods near them the way the LORD our God is near us whenever we pray to him?" Deut. 4:7

Kelsey said...

Yay, Phoebe! I was so happy to hear that everything worked out for you to go. The way God has worked things out here will be a reminder that God will always take care of us and is not limited by modern "conveniences."

Thanks for sharing your quotes! I will miss drawing happy faces on your papers in our less intellectually stimulating classes.

Brian said...

good to know that you finally have a date of departure! Thanks also for shring those verses (from the previous blog also). I am praying for you and all of our other fellow SMs. I know that God will use you in a powerefull way. I wish that I knew when I was leaving also. That will all come in time.