Tuesday, June 10, 2008

God's timing is PERFECT!


It is only a tiny rosebud,

A flower of God's design.
But I cannot unfold the petals

With these clumsy hands of mine.
The secret of unfolding flowers
Is not known to such as I.

GOD opens this flower so sweetl
y,
Then in my hands, they die.

If I cannot unfold a rosebud,

The flower of God's design,

Then how can I have the wisdom

To unfold this life of mine?

So, I'll trust in Him
for leading
Each moment of my day.
I will look to Him for His guidance

Each step of the Pilgrim's way.

The pathway that lies before me

Only my Heavenly Father knows.
I'll trust Him to unfold the moments,

Just as He unfolds the rose.







But like the stars in the vast circuit of their appointed path, God's purposes know no haste and no delay.~Desire of Ages 32








As my summer has been passing by quickly, my thoughts have been in turmoil! What would the Lord have me do this next year!? Today, I found out that Thailand is finally approved, so I will be going! Yay! Praise the Lord! I was so excited to finally find out, but then. . . . My friend that I was going to be traveling over with in a couple weeks is not able to go until September. I keep thinking, "Lord, should I go over there by myself?" (Not that I would be alone over there, just traveling over there and there would be no other girls from here.) I would get some good training, but they will also offer something like it in September when the rest of the group is going over. On the other hand, I have an option of working in a hospital here in Montana for a couple of months and getting that great experience! I know that the Lord will show me when I should go. I pray that these quotes will be as much of a blessing to you as they are to me! God bless you all!



My soul, wait thou only upon God; for my expectation is from Him. Trust in Him at all times; ye people, pour out your heart before Him: God is a refuge for us. Selah. ~~Psalms 62:5,8

5 comments:

Kristin said...

Hurray!!! I'm so glad that everything worked out! I've been praying for you guys. You should check out hymn #510, it's one of my favorites and I think it's very fitting :)

Phoebe said...

Kristin:

Thanks so much for your prayers! That is a really nice hymn. I love the words to it. Thanks. :D

Danielle said...

Hey Phoebe!! I finally found your blog! Congratulations! That is going to be quite an experience. I wish the best for you, you'll be in my prayers.

Caitlin said...

Hey Pheobe!

I miss you! I'm so glad that I get be in the same cabin with Shama! :) Wish you were here with us!

shama said...

I'm so happy God is working things out in His best timing. Love you bunches and will miss you more than you can imagine... Be sure to keep me updated!